Booking on-line

Only here you will find the best price

Palazzo Vannoni's history

Built in the sixteenth century in the style of the era, Palazzo Vannoni was owned by the Genoese noble family Imperiale-Lercari and subsequently of that of Sauli, then it has been purchased and deeply restored at the end of the nineteenth century by Sir Giovanni Vannoni. a Ligurian man from the East’s hinterland, expatriated overseas in search of fortune and come back triumphant after having accumulated a wealth through the copper mines of Peru.
Sir Vannoni brought the palace to the utmost of its splendor: the building rose on the central plain of the city, fronted and dominated by the former Convent of the Clarisse, now the seat of the Town Hall, and next to the other the lands close to the sea.
The monumental Baroque garden spectacularly stretched out to the sea.
There are numerous written and photographic testimonies of the Palace and its magnificent garden.

Facade of the Hotel
Detail of Palazzo Vannoni's fresco
Detail of Palazzo Vannoni's fresco

Sir Vannoni played an important role in the town life and in the history of Levanto; he was a mayor in the turn of the century between 1800 and 1900 and gave Levanto the current seal of tourist beach.

Frescoed ceilings of the rooms

It is around the eighties that the first hotel was born, in the same environment as the present one, Hotel de Charme Stella Maris, which has remained a landmark for tourism for over thirty years.

In 2016 the property is purchased from a new owner and completely restored, while maintaining intact the precious decorations and historic frescoes of the Palazzo, but with the latest generation of comforts, refined furnishings and refined details, so is today the new Hotel Palazzo Vannoni.